Report To: Sales Manager – UK
Location: South East
Summary of Role:
Individual will be responsible for leading the selling effort for all Company offerings, with heavy emphasis on senior customer buying influences and locations.
Consistent interaction with Company sales teams is required to drive Global Sales Process and account strategy development and execution. The BDM is expected to be an accelerant in moving opportunities to closure.
Represent the company to the customer and customer to the company in all sales oriented activities. Apply knowledge of the products, pricing plans, competition, marketing objectives, sales objective and sales skills to sell Company products/services.
- Drive Sales at assigned Tier 1 and Tier 0 accounts, at customer senior management levels, to close orders and accelerate Company growth.
- Lead the effort to yield detailed CAPex plans related to automation products and services.
- Lead the effort to analyse assigned accounts and develop an account penetration strategy and execution tactics to increase customer share.
- Drive customer business commitment through goal shared objectives and broad adoption of Company products and services seek no equal specifications and mutually valuable, multi-year corporate agreements.
- Work with sales management to assure account coverage and assist sales resources to drive customer share.
- Work with the global OEM team to proactively track CAPex programs and assure compliance with user specifications.
- Update assigned accounts on new products and technology as related to customer needs.
- Develop account relationships at a senior level, engaging Company senior management.
- Diagnose, document, and solve customer problems with Company solutions. Where possible extract and validate actual solution value delivered, and pave the way for value propositions.
- Leverage and guide geographic resources to provide appropriate commercial and technical expertise to the customer.
- Coordinate with channels on account strategy as necessary.
- Provide technical or commercial support to the team at a branch or region level.
- Implement new product launches within accounts.
- Analyse trends and strategies of competitors. Report conclusions to the manager.
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities to continuously develop technical skills.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in engineering or other related technical field.
- Considerable experience of marketing, sales, application engineering, and/or project management experience in the industrial automation – drives and motors, motion control, condition monitoring, PLCs, energy monitoring.
- Global customer and sales channel experience
- Complex account management skills.
- Large customer navigation skills.
- Development knowledge of focus applications for the focus industry. Broadly share this knowledge with the GEO sales organisation.
- Collaborate with Business Unit and Industry Teams to translate the current and future customer requirements for use in focus applications.
- Collaborate with Industry Marketing team to leverage focus application successes into commercial campaigns.
- Lead executive selling activities, leading by example, demonstrating the highest standards of Integrity, Ethical Conduct, Commitment and Performance within the business unit
- Demonstrates Industry Sales leadership throughout the organization to create and achieve strategic and tactical objectives.
- Motivates team members and others within the organisation toward achieving established goals.
- Generates and implements innovative ideas and recommendations; encourages and supports innovative & diverse thinking, continuous improvement and fact-based risk taking in others.
- Excels in creating, building, motivating and leading cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of businesses. Ensures recognition of team success and celebrates wins.
- Develops and leverages effective working relationships across business units, Sales on a global basis to achieve established strategic objectives.
- Sets & effectively communicates “Line of Sight” business objectives, metrics and charter for team initiatives.
- Ensures alignment of team member goals and the business objectives.
- Is an effective and timely global communicator, keeping team members and key stakeholders well informed of issues and direction.
- Actively supports new business unit programs; helps key stakeholders understand the business context for change.
- Assists the Industry Sales Teams in duties required to achieve Global objectives.
- Develops and communicates local market data. Invests time in building and disseminating knowledge of Regional Industry trends, customer issues, competition, etc.
- Engage marketing and field sales organisations to achieve business unit objectives for annual sales and rapid adoption of new technology/products within assigned strategic applications.