Location: Predominantly Home Based
Reports To: Marketing Manager and Business Development Manager – Products
Summary of the Role:
The Business Development Process is responsible for the generation of future sales strategies in line with corporate strategy, providing the ‘sales direction’ to the processes of the Sales Centre. The individual will be responsible for all activities relating to the development of analytical products into the industries nominated below.
- The role will be predominantly home based. It is expected that 30% of the role will be spent in the office, supporting the office based staff. In order to ensure that the analytical department is manned on a daily basis, the role requires the individual to coordinate diaries with the other associates in the analytics team.
- Close cooperation with the Business Development Manager for Products is of vital importance to this role.
- Assist in developing strategy that provides direction to the UK sales process, aimed at delivering sustainable growth.
- To increase the value and volume of of analytical products, services and solutions sold into the UK heavy industries segment. These industries have been defined as Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Paper and Pulp and Power and Energy within Company Core Industry Coding structure. The strategy must utilize the strengths of our existing product basket.
- To implement the strategy throughout the organization, by identifying business opportunities for Analytical products, services and solutions that can be replicated through the sales process.
- To devise a coherent analytical strategy for the heavy industries, in line with the company’s short, medium and long term objectives.
- Development of specific training modules, sales tools and marketing collateral to improve the self sufficiency of the sales process, so reducing their dependency on acquisition support.
- The development of repeatable applications and solutions in line with local and global COMPANY strategy.
- To overview, monitor and report on analytic activities in heavy industries.
- Cooperation with Business Drivers from the Service and Solutions processes to promote Value Added Services and Solution opportunities within the heavy industries.
- To work with Marketing Communications to plan and manage internal & external seminars, lunch & learn sessions and exhibitions.
None specific, but the role will require technical and application knowledge of analytic products, service opportunities and solutions, along with detailed knowledge of the heavy industries requirements, drivers and legislation.
- General knowledge of all industries
- Knowledge of Analytical products along with control and automation, both practical and market orientated
- Sales Experience
- Marketing Experience
Specialist training required:
- Added Value Services, Solutions, Products etc.
Specific aptitude/skill required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good networking skills
- Good presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Portray professionalism and competence in field
- Good market and competitor knowledge
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Highly (self) motivated with the ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Report writing skills
- Customer rapport building skills
- Market vision
- Good time management
- Ambitious and challenging individual
- Commercial Awareness/Strategic Approach
- Innovative & Creative Thinking
- Team Work
- Influencing/Relationship Management
- Applied Technical & Professional Skills