Reports To: MINOR PROJECTS SUPERVISOR
Summary of Role:
• Prepare proposals for minor modifications and projects to Companies and 3rd Party systems.
• To take technical responsibility within an individual minor project
• To provide status reports of project progress to the minor project supervisor or lead engineer.
• To act as the contact point with the client for all aspects of the DCS design and implementation of a minor project.
• To produce Functional Design Specifications for the DCS system as defined in the project URS
• To produce detailed design specifications from the user I/O lists and sequence specification documents.
• To implement the detailed design, by producing functional drawings (using engineering building tools), to implement the DCS control system functions. This includes all regulatory control, interlock sequences, function blocks and graphic screen design.
• To produce method statements detailing the tasks, materials and procedures required to achieve objectives on-site.
• To ensure that all project tasks are being completed in accordance with the project plan, and report any problems or deviations to the minor projects supervisor.
• To carry out system testing either at Companies premises or the customer site
• To assist in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of Companies equipment on site.
• Whilst the role calls for an emphasis on Minor Projects, it is expected that a full and flexible approach is adopted to all Companies requirements.
• To participate in the 24-hour call out scheme for Companies Support Contracts.
• To be flexible in working environment and location, in the UK and Overseas, consistent with good working practices and those countries the UK government consider a safe location to visit.
• Production of DCS and Safety control system modifications.
• Provide progress information to the minor project supervisor.
• To work to the requirements of the user specifications and the company work instructions and procedures
• To produce all required documentation
• Confident and assertive individual with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Professional and responsive approach, to gain credibility through integrity, technical knowledge and personality
• Able to deal effectively and efficiently with people and systems, whether internal or external.
• Willingness to work offshore or overseas to suit project requirements
Degree or HNC in Electrical Engineering, Computing or Process Control
BOSIET and medical certificate for offshore working or willingness to undergo training
Further qualifications in Computing, Quality, Validation.
Minimum 2 years complex control and sequencing experience
Minimum 5 years DCS configuration in process control systems
Team-working within a busy office environment.
Dealing with urgent customer enquiries.
Knowledge of ISO 9001 and Health & Safety at Work Act
CS3000 batch and SEBOL programming language
Proficiency in a high level object based computer language e.g. Visual Basic, C++