Location: Northern Europe –
Reports To: Director Companies, Europe
Summary of the Role:
Companies, a division of Global Organisation, is a leading global provider of valve control and position sensing solutions for the process industries. We have a unique opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager to join our sales team, servicing the Northern Europe region. This critical position will assess market needs and subsequent implementation of sales growth / market development plans for the designated region.
Activities include building working relationships and promoting increased sales with target customer accounts; pursuing and identifying new sales opportunities; distributor identification and development; and conducting technical sales presentations for end users, EPCs, and OEMs. The customer-centered person will possess demonstrated success in sales and territory management within the process automation industry. As a division of Global Organisation, Companies employees are afforded advancement opportunities within the global Companies organization. We are aggressively growing our business and seeking success driven individuals.
• Demonstrate knowledge of valve position monitoring, control and/or position sensing, or related instrumentation technologies and applications, with an emphasis on oil and gas, chemical, refining, power (nuclear and fossil), and food/beverage industries;
• Define overall strategy to meet sales growth targets for the Northern Europe region;
• Lead, train, and manage the distribution network for Northern Europe;
• Meet or exceed yearly sales targets;
• Build effective relationships with key users, engineering contractors, OEMs, integrators and others that influence the purchase of Companies products. Ensure Companies is on their approved vendor lists;
• Collaborate with the Companies Product Managers to develop, prioritize, and seize application opportunities;
• Conduct product demonstrations / training with customers and sales force;
• Act as a leader within the Company.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Relevant experience with a history of demonstrated success in sales in an industrial setting;
• Expertise in automation, instrumentation and/or position sensors is preferred;
• Technology background and education (B.Sc. Engineering preferred or equivalent qualification);
• Proven ability to negotiate and influence others;
• Proactive self – starter committed to achieving results;
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and problem solve;
• Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities;
• Ability to thrive in a high technology, continuous learning environment;
• Fluent in English plus other language capability is a benefit;
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively;
• Positive, respectful attitude in a team environment.
Business Acumen Functional / Technical Skills
Strategic Agility Priority Setting
Managerial Courage Drive for Results
Communicating Effectively Interpersonal Savvy
Inspires Others Managing Diversity
Action Oriented Dealing with Ambiguity
Command Skills Creativity
Customer Focus Decision Quality