Department: Technical Services
Report To: Lead Systems Service Engineer
Summary of Role:
To provide DCS and Safety System Service, assist with training, maintenance contracts, and emergency call-out arrangements. To assist with project engineering, commissioning & installation, when available. Liaise with customers to offer technical help.
• To maintain 24-hour cover for the System Support Contracts with the Service Supervisor, and to assist with quotations for the renewal of the Support Contracts as they become due.
• To assist with Training when requested, and to ensure full conversancy with the latest versions of Safety Shutdown & Distributed Control Systems.
• Whilst the role calls for an emphasis on Systems, it is expected that a full and flexible approach is adopted to all Service requirements.
• Develop the Safety & System customer base to encompass maintenance, 24-hour cover & minor modifications.
• Develop customer awareness of Safety & System Service capability.
• Assist Lead System Service Engineer in developing / maintaining all necessary procedures & documentation associated with IEC61508 certification.
• Maintain a registration for offshore maintenance and service (BOSIET, MIST and Medical)
• To offer technical help to customers both external and internal.
• To assist with the design, installation and commissioning of systems in conjunction with the System Engineering Group
• To assist in the maintenance of the demonstration equipment and customer training equipment.
• To update the Lead System Service Engineer on all relevant matters.
• To assist in producing each month a report of service matters, to include details of emergency and general call-outs.
• Liaise with all departments to ensure the smooth running of the group and Companies UK Limited.
• Be flexible towards working environment and location, in the UK, Offshore and Overseas, consistent with good working practices and those countries the UK government consider a safe location to visit.
• To assist in anyway not previously detailed to ensure the continuance and growth of Company in the UK.
Person Specification / Limits Of Authority:
• Confident and with the ability to work on own initiative and not afraid to ask for help when necessary.
• Professional and co-operative, with a pleasant and ‘can do’ attitude.
• Able to demonstrate a technical knowledge of Safety shutdown & Distributed Control Systems.
• Experience of overseas organisations, with the ability to communicate and co-operate with colleagues and customers from different cultural backgrounds.
Education / Training / Qualifications:
• HNC/ONC qualification in Control Engineering or equivalent.
• Offshore survival BOSIET and medical fitness for offshore working, or willing to undergo training.
• Training in office computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
• Microsoft Software experience
• Proven experience in an industrial and technical environment.
• Experience with the maintenance of Safety Shutdown & Distributed Control Systems.
• Team-working within a busy office environment.
• Dealing with urgent customer enquiries.
• Experience in the preparation of quotations and reports.
• Use of computer based reporting and order handling systems.